INTERESTED IN VOLUNTEERING?
The Women’s Domestic Abuse Helpline (WDAH) is seeking to recruit volunteers for the Helpline including the Community Helpline Language Service (CHLS).
- Could you be supportive and understanding over the phone to women who are experiencing domestic abuse?
- Do you have an understanding of the importance of confidentiality?
- Can you remain calm in a crisis?
- Could you commit to a three-hour rota session a week, for a minimum of 12 months?
- Do you want to make a difference to the lives of women and children?
WDAH offers in return:
- Free training on domestic abuse awareness and on Helpline Skills
- Ongoing training
- The opportunity to work in a women only environment
- The opportunity to gain new experiences and skills and to develop existing ones
- Reimbursement of travel expenses and a contribution to childminding expenses
Interested? Want to make a difference?
Pleae note that the volunteering opportunities are for WOMEN ONLY applicants and the closing date is 11th September 2012.