UNISON Manchester welcomes new members.
Most people join a union because they want protection at work – help with pay and conditions of service, legal or health and safety advice or representation in case things go wrong at work. That’s what we’re here for. UNISON negotiates on pay and working conditions at every level – local, regional and national.
Each of our 1.3 million members has their own reasons for joining UNISON. But every one receives our help and support. Join today, and you can too.
UNISON also offers you:
- Advice, support and help when you need it at work. We have a network of trained local advisors and negotiators who will provide you with help at work when you need it most, as well as professional legal advisors and experts when appropriate.
- Legal services for you at work and your family at home. Our legal support includes free help with most work problems that you may have. This can either be from our specialist in-house lawyers and a team of trade union solicitors that are on hand to help, or by local union reps, branches and officers in the UK. But our help doesn’t just stop when you leave work. We offer free initial legal advice on any matter not related to work, plus a range of other legal help for you and your family. Terms and conditions apply.
- Financial assistance and debt advice in times of need. We’re here for you when you need us most. Our confidential service (and registered charity) There for You, is your safety net when times get tough. We can help with sorting out finances and advise on benefits. We offer grants to help with household bills, ease debts or help with the cost of a much needed break.
- UNISON Helpline open until midnight. In these uncertain times it’s easy to lose sleep over job security. But don’t lie awake worrying, our helpline is open from 6am to midnight Monday to Friday, and 9am to 4pm on Saturdays. Your call will be dealt with by a professional who will ensure that the person who can best help will ring you back at a time that is convenient for you.
- Compensation for accidents and injuries at work. If the unexpected happens you can count on our support. If you have an accident or are injured at work, our specialist lawyers are there to help when appropriate. You are covered for things like assault, accidents, industrial diseases and accidents on your way to or from work. Our experts have got you covered and will do their best to get compensation for you.
- Member discounts – including up to 50% off holidays. Join today and you’ll have access to a wide range of exclusive member discounts and offers which could save you up to £250 – more than the cost of your membership. Savings on holidays through the UNISON travel club, plus discounts on home, car, pet and travel insurance, dental and health plans, cashback on mortgages all add up to a great deal for UNISON members.
- Education, training and support. Whatever work you do, we are here to help you learn more – whether you are facing change at work, want to develop your career or want to learn something new for your own benefit. UNISON offers a range of courses and short workshops that are free to members, so whether it’s brushing up on computer skills, professional development or finding out more about the union, learning through UNISON can help you develop your confidence, skills and knowledge
Membership costs in England, Scotland and Wales/Cymru
|Annual Salary||Monthly Cost|
|Up to £2,000||£1.30|
|£2,001 – £5,000||£3.50|
|£5,001 – £8,000||£5.30|
|£8,001 – £11,000||£6.60|
|£11,001 – £14,000||£7.85|
|£14,001 – £17,000||£9.70|
|£17,001 – £20,000||£11.50|
|£20,001 – £25,000||£14.00|
|£25,001 – £30,000||£17.25|
To join UNISON, you can:
- Download a membership form for payment via deductions from your salary
- Download a membership form for payment via Direct Debit
- Or you can join online right now by visiting www.joinunison.org
If you have any queries about joining, please use our contact form or call UNISON directly on 0800 171 2190.