Steve Swift, the Branch Education Officer, is busy organising courses for new and experienced UNISON stewards. If you want to get more involved in the trade union, but want more information, think you could do with refreshing your skills or want to learn new ones, there’s a free course out there that Steve can help you find. Below is a list of courses available at the Regional Office in Manchester and in the surrounding areas in September and October which are designed for Stewards who have already been on the ‘Organising Stewards’ course.
· 7-9 Sept: Health & Safety Starter, Manchester
· 8-10 Sept: Equality Reps, Preston
· 5-7 Oct: Health & Safety Starter, Liverpool
· 26-28 Oct: Equalities in Practice: Manchester
· 26th-28 Oct: Equalities, the Law and You: Manchester
There are also representation skills and negotiating courses available too, and Steve will be offering a ‘springboard course’ for Stewards, which covers those areas and will be based at the Branch office. As ever, if you are interested in any of the above courses or want training on another area, get in touch with the Branch staff in the first instance.