The UNISON General Secretary election is underway and if you still haven’t received your ballot paper, or if you need a replacement, there is still time to contact the ballot helpline on 0800 0 857 857.
Please note that the ballot helpline closes at 12 noon on Friday 20th November so do not delay if you need a replacement ballot as you now have less than 24 hours remaining.
This is an incredibly important election for UNISON and we have the opportunity to make a once in a generation change to our union.
Your vote counts.
Manchester branch has nominated Paul Holmes for General Secretary.
Manchester branch has nominated Paul Holmes for General Secretary because:
- Paul has the best record of leadership and fighting for members;
- Paul is the members’ candidate, from the shop floor;
- Paul will take the job on his current wage, donating the additional £100,000 back to the welfare and strike funds;
- Paul will massively increase funding to branches so we can support you better;
- Paul has a track-record of winning disputes and elections, which other candidates don’t;
- Paul’s leadership will be inclusive, developing talents from across our whole union including retired members;
- Paul is popular across UNISON and can win!