Every two years members have the chance for who they want to lead the union on their behalf and represent their interests. Our branch members can vote for a number or regional and national seats.
The Branch Executive agreed to nominate candidates who are committed to the following:
- OPPOSE FURTHER AUSTERITY/ATTACKS ON OUR SERVICES
- RESIST FURTHER ATTACKS ON OUR PENSIONS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- DEFEND OUR NHS FROM PRIVATISATION AND CLOSURES OF HOSPITALS AND SERVICES
- BREAK THE TORY 1% PUBLIC SECTOR PAY CAP WHEN MPS AWARD THEMSELVES 11% INCREASES
- FIGHT RACISM AND SCAPEGOATING OF MIGRANT WORKERS
Unfortunately past elections have seen a poor ballot turnout of around 10%. It is important that our leadership reflects our members effectively so all Manchester Branch members are urged to vote and support the following:
Download the PDF version of the NEC election leaflet for printing out and sharing with members.
BALLOT PAPERS WILL START TO BE SENT TO MEMBERS FROM 3RD APRIL AND THE BALLOT WILL CLOSE ON 24TH APRIL. DONT LEAVE IT TO OTHERS – USE YOUR VOTE!