Every two years members have the chance for who they want to lead the union on their behalf and represent their interests. Our branch members can vote for a number or regional and national seats.
The Branch Executive agreed to nominate candidates who are committed to the following:
- OPPOSE FURTHER AUSTERITY/ATTACKS ON OUR SERVICES
- RESIST FURTHER ATTACKS ON OUR PENSIONS AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- DEFEND OUR NHS FROM PRIVATISATION AND CLOSURES OF HOSPITALS AND SERVICES
- BREAK THE TORY 1% PUBLIC SECTOR PAY CAP WHEN MPS AWARD THEMSELVES 11% INCREASES
- FIGHT RACISM AND SCAPEGOATING OF MIGRANT WORKERS
Unfortunately past elections have seen a poor ballot turnout of around 10%. It is important that our leadership reflects our members effectively so all Manchester Branch members are urged to vote and support the following:
BALLOT PAPERS WILL START TO BE SENT TO MEMBERS FROM 3RD APRIL AND THE BALLOT WILL CLOSE ON 24TH APRIL. DONT LEAVE IT TO OTHERS – USE YOUR VOTE!