Phase 2 of the Energy Support Fund is now closed to new applications after receiving 4000 submissions for the grant. UNISON Welfare will re-launch their Winter Fuel Grant in January and a third phase of the Energy Support Grant will launch in March 2023. More details will be published soon.
Phase 2 of UNISON Welfare’s Energy Support Fund re-opens at 10am today to help eligible members with rising fuel costs. Please be advised that phase 2 will be closed once the first 4000 applications have been received. The Energy Support Fund is a one-off, non-repayable grant of £200.
To be eligible for phase 2 of the fund, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must have 4 weeks of up-to-date membership as of 16 November.
- Must not have received a grant from UNISON Welfare since 31 March 2022 (excluding our School Clothing and Covid grants).
- Must not have more than £1,000 in savings or rolling bank balance.
- Must not have received more than £750 worth in UNISON Welfare grants if applying within first year of membership.
- Net household income* of no more than £18,200/year (£1,516.67/month) if single and with no children, or £26,000/year (£2,166.67/month) if living with a partner or with children living at home.
*Net household income is income after tax, national insurance and any pension deductions
In receipt of means-tested benefits. This includes:
- Universal Credit
- Housing Benefit
- Child and/or Working Tax Credits
- Pension Credit
- Means-tested Jobseekers Allowance
- Means-tested Employment Support Allowance
- Income Support
If you do not meet these criteria, please do not apply. UNISON Welfare’s Winter Fuel Grant will launch in January 2023 and a third phase of the Energy Support Fund will launch in March. More details will be published soon.
Ensure you have your membership number ready and click here to apply.
If you are unable to complete the application due to an accessibility issue, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call UNISON Welfare on 020 7121 5620.