UNISON Welfare’s Energy Support Fund is now open to help members with rising fuel costs. Please be advised that phase 1 will be closed once the first 2000 applications have been received. The Energy Support Fund will be a one-off payment of £200 and is non-repayable.
To be eligible for phase 1 of the fund, you must meet the following criteria:
- Must have 4 weeks of up-to-date membership as of 5 October.
- Must not have received a main grant since March 2022.
- Must not have more than £1,000 in savings or rolling bank balance.
- Must not have received more than £750 worth of grants if applying within first year of membership.
- Net household income of no more than £30k/year (£2,500/month).
- Monthly housing costs (made up of mortgage/rent plus any service charge & ground rent) make up at least 1/3 of net household income.
- Not in receipt of any means-tested benefits (excluding Child Benefit).
If you do not meet these criteria, please do not apply. We will be launching a second phase of this in November; which will target members on low incomes and in receipt of means-tested benefits.
Ensure you have your membership number ready and click here to apply.
If you are unable to complete the application due to an accessibility issue, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call UNISONdirect on 0800 0857 857.